Cricket Holler Night-O Information
The Night-O is a score-style event where each control is worth 1 point. It is followed by the Search and Destroy-O! In the Search & Destroy-O you go out and bring in the controls (so the meet director doesn't have to). Each retrieved control is worth 1 extra point. You must turn in your punch card by 7:00pm and remain at the start until 7:00pm to be eligible for the Search and Destroy-O. You may not pick up controls early, or impede in any way the attempts of anyone punching a control before 7:00pm.
After both O events, we will have a potluck supper. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share, plus your choice of beverage. MVOC will supply plates, bowls, napkins, and plasticware, as well as sloppy-joe fixings.
Schedule of Events
|5:00pm to 6:00pm||Register|
|5:45pm||Instructions given for Night-O|
|6:00pm||Night-O mass start|
|7:00pm||Night-O ends, Search and Destroy-O starts|
|8:00pm (approx.)||Search and Destroy-O ends, Potluck begins!|
- Time limit for Night-O is 1 hour - find as many controls as you can in that time period
- Time limit for Search and Destroy-O is as long as there are still controls out there
- You MUST turn in your punch card by 7:00pm to be eligible for the Search and Destroy-O
- Orienteering is an individual event - do not ask for or provide orienteering assistance - make your own decisions (do not just follow another orienteer).
- Use your whistle - required for each competitor or group - if you are lost or injured and require assistance (3 blasts).
- Come to the assistance of a lost or injured orienteer.
- Respect the camp - don't litter; do not enter off-limits or out of bounds areas; do not enter private property; do not vandalize any camp or private property.
- Respect competition - do not tamper with (move, hide, carry away, etc.) any control point flag, punch, stand, etc. (unless you are in the Search & Destroy-O) - do not hinder or interfere with another orienteer.